Tuesday, March 17, 2009

GREEN, 76/365

On St. Patrick's Day in my daycare, the children would wake from their naps and find blocks strewn across the floor, coloring crayons in the paint wells, missing shoes and cookie crumbs on the table. As they cleaned up the mess they would discover trails of glittering green footprints left behind by mischievous leprechauns. Stashed deep in the toes of their missing shoes would be gold wrapped chocolate coins.
With no children to taunt, the leprechauns have passed by my home, and my "Green," Theme #129, glitter, this year.

9 comments:

  1. I wish I would have gone to your daycare! How fun!! I bet the kids were absolutely delighted! You are so creative! Happy St Paddy's Day, by the way, hope those leprechauns don't cause a mess for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorri, that must have been so fun for the children and for you. Who knows, maybe you'll wake up to find they've trod through this glitter pot and left you some tiny footprints across your computer screen....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow leprechaun powder, if you mix that with fairy dust you can fly to the Emerald Never-Never land, take the third star on the left and fly on til morning to be sure, to be sure, to be sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lorri, you have been TAGGED!

    Madelaine tagged me and here are the rules:
    •Go to your photo folder on your computer
    •Go to the 6th folder of photos
    •Go to the sixth picture
    •Put the picture on your blog and a description of it
    •Invite six friends to join the challenge
    •Link them in your blog
    I hope you join us in this adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog Lorri! I've really enjoyed going through your photos. I especially love the story behind this one! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!! You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet story, lucky kids.

    ReplyDelete