Saturday, April 4, 2009

TIE THE KNOT. 94/365

We used to live in a college town where shoe tossing was a "goodbye" ritual along one street. Graduating seniors left behind their shoes, worn thin from years of walking to classes and campus bars.
In some urban areas shoe tossing is sometimes thought to be associated with the territory of drug deals or gang. Although that trick has to be a bit overused by now!

Whatever the reason, someone had to "Tie the Knot," Theme #328, in those laces before the shoes were slung up over the utility lines.

7 comments:

  1. Alas in Australia that is a sign that drugs are available in a nearby house. I thought it was Universal. Have a look you will be surprised how many you see. Sorry it is a good shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too creative for the theme! I kinda of like the senior story better LOL! Fun shoes too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You came up with a very clever idea for the theme. Thinking the drug dealer thing is more urban myth than anything - wouldn't the shoes tip off the authorities just like it tips off the drug buyers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea for the theme! I have also been told that the shoes mean it's where you can buy the drugs. I see these a lot driving thru town, don't know why I didn't think of it!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative! How many shoes did you leave behind?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice capture...yeah, I don't get the appeal of throwing shoes over the wire either...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess I'm a bit out of the loop here - I never really knew why the shoes where over the wires no matter what the right story is. But it's a nice fun shot and creative take on the theme.

    ReplyDelete