Wednesday, January 21, 2009

RED, 20/365

I think I know why my first inclination is to take my camera out of the house to get a picture. It's easier. Really it is. Indoor lighting, shadows, cluttered counters...all of these things work against me in the house.

I liked the REDness of the apples I was peeling tonight. Their brilliant REDness was a noticeably cheerful point of color in a winter filled with day after day of endless gray.
Indoor shots are difficult for me because I'm essentially a lazy photographer. My usual mode is see it, like it, shoot it. Planning doesn't usually enter into the equation so deliberately attempting to capture the REDness of the apples was a stretch for me. I'll continue to practice this skill.
Maybe I'll try a shot of the apple pie when it comes out of the oven.

For now, though, I want to end the day with some color. I'm tired of the shades of gray that have been this winter, tonight is "RED," Theme #255.

6 comments:

  1. Mmmm--I'll bet the pie is as TASTY as the apple is RED!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean there are other colors besides this one? No way. Its my favorite and you have a great shot here. Did you make any adjustments to it? Sometimes reds are hard to replicate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you shot this with the cores and peels in the composition. Wonderful RED!

    ReplyDelete
  4. RED is the best colour! (IMHO that is! hehehe) a definite mood enhancer and tasty too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that eyepopping RED! Neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photo!! Love the commentary.

    ReplyDelete